Cycling holiday in France, Europe
The key ingredients for a great cycling holiday
Do you want to enjoy your cycle holiday with zero stress, knowing that the organisation is taken care of and that the only decision you have to make is which places to visit?
Then book now for a full package trip with a little help from our cycle holiday agencies.
On the other hand, if you want to organise your own trip and be free to cycle where you want, when you want, create your own personal bespoke trip!
Choose the accommodation which suits you, decide which restaurants you want to try, check out sites to visit and activities to keep you busy.
There are various specialist cycle services all along the route, to help make your Loire à Vélo holiday a success.
“ACCUEIL VELO” – Cyclists welcom: a certification which guarantees a quality welcome for cyclists
More than just a cycle route, “Loire à Vélo” is also a warm welcome and a range of services adapted to meet your needs!
More than 450 tourism professionals, based on or near the Loire à Vélo route, tailor their business to cyclists and offer specialist services and equipments.
All of our listed professionals are certified by the relevant quality standards in their respective industries, to better satisfy your needs.
Don’t worry about being weighed down, as many professionals along the route offer bike transport and luggage transfer services.
Enjoy a personalised service with an expert guide, who will help you make the most of your journey.
‘Accueil Vélo’ accredited accommodation (hotels, camp sites, guest rooms, apartments...) meets the following criteria:
- personal welcome, documents and advice to help you make the most of your stay,
- weather information,
- transfer of your luggage to your next stop by the hotel owner or – if this is not possible – by an external agency (reservation required – this service may be free or paying),
- a way of washing and drying your clothing: washing machine or sink, tumble dryer or drying area (free or at a cost)
- rental of bikes and cycling accessories on site or nearby, with repair shops nearby (reservation required in some cases),
- closed, secure cycle storage facility,
- repair kit for small problems,
- bicycle cleaning facilities (hose, brush),
- substantial breakfast and picnic baskets (reservation required).
‘Accueil Vélo’-approved cycle hire providers will offer the following services and equipment:
- Quality bicycles with at least 18 gears, bike stock regularly renewed,
- Minimum 40 bicycles, inc. 20 all-terrain bikes (this number may be reached through partnerships),
- Repairs and accessory supply (helmets, locks, anti-puncture spray etc.),
- Reception area with a commercial facility and tourist information,
- Open from April 1st – 30th September at least, with long opening hours during the summer period (9:00 – 19:00 June-August),
- Weather forecasts,
- Rental contracts and deposits required,
- English spoken,
- Email address,
- Breakdown assistance,
- Left luggage facility,
- Good knowledge of the routes, able to provide advice.
Accredited Tourist Offices will offer the following services and facilities:
- cycle parking,
- drinking water and toilet facilities on site or nearby,
- useful information for cycle tourists (timetables for trains and buses which allow bicycles on board...),
- weather forecasts,
- list of “Accueil Vélo” approved cycle rental and repair shops and accommodation options,
- cycling literature and advice,
- basic repair kit,
- accommodation or taxi reservation service (free or at a cost).
Accredited visit and activity sites have the necessary facilities:
- cycle parking near the entrance to the site,
- drinking water and toilet facilities,
- relevant cycling literature.